It is my (Allie Potts / Axil Hammer Productions) policy to respect your privacy regarding any information I may collect from you or which you may provide, in the circumstances set out below.
use, communicate, disclose, safeguard and otherwise make use of your personally identifiable
information (“Personal Data”).
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- I am performing a contract with you for our services; and
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental
rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I,
Axil Hammer Productions / Allie Potts, is the “data controller”. If you have any questions about
this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via our contact details at
the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website http://www.alliepottswrites.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the
- When you sign-up to receive free content including new posts, newsletters, videos, or offers – types of data collected are email address, first name, and last name
- When you purchase a service directly from me – types of data collected include name, email address, phone number, any personal data you provided in free text boxes on forms regarding the project, and payment method of choice (all payment details are held by my payment processor, not me)
- When you complete other webforms on the Website including surveys or comments – types of data include name, email address, personal website if applicable, and any personal data which you provide to me in the free text box of the form
Data that I collect automatically
I automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of
browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service
provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your
Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are
relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as
permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my
behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third
parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords
for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for
other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with
third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing
services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data
we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with
applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss,
destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
I will use and store your Personal Data only for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the uses
you. I review the Personal Data we hold at regular intervals and delete permanently or
anonymise any Personal Data which is no longer necessary.
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any
Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15,
please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the
following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email allie AT alliepottswrites DOT com:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who
it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data;
- and express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it unless I
reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible
with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for
the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and will
explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact Us
Axil Hammer Productions / Allie Potts
Email for Privacy Questions: allie AT alliepottswrites DOT com